Monday, July 13, 2015

Home Workout: Working Out with Mom | No comments:

 Working Out with Mom


I believe my quest to be healthy and fit is catching on like wild fire where my family is concern. Both son and mom love getting in on my home workouts. So today I decided I will focus my workout on my mom today. My mom suffers from years of wear and tear because of nursing and taking care of others. We went to the doctors when she was told about the arthritis in most of her body. Being in constant pain has cause her to be inactive. Inactively has damaged her more than the arthritis ever could. So with pain she made a change to become more active. Using a baby step plan, we are doing a leg workout today.

 

Workout Plan
Mom

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Warm-up/Stretching/Cardio

  • Warm up walking in place
  • Light stretching
  • Low impact aerobics for up to 15 Minutes

          Full Body Strength Training


  • Chair Stand to build leg muscles
  • Chair flutters
  • Arm Circles 
  • Butt Lifts
  • Hamstring curls
  • Biceps Curls 
  • Shoulder Shrugs
 Cool down: Walking in place for 5 minutes.

She is going to the pool three times a week, and workout with me twice. Although still in tremendous pain, she is not giving up her workout. Staying in pain and being inactive is worst than being in pain and active. 






No comments:

Post a Comment