Saturday, August 8, 2015

Weight-Loss: Things I Should Have Done After Baby! | No comments:

Healthy Mind, Body and Soul

www.lunagetsfit.usGiving birth to a child is among the most wonderful experiences a woman can go through. I had the worst experiences ever, and never want to do it again. Can we say adoption!  After a child is born most of new moms get stressed while dealing with the postpartum weight loss, in fact I am still dealing with weight now and my son is 2 years old. Is it impossible for your body to have the same shape as it had before you gave birth. Can't I go back to just needing to lose a few pounds! I have so many regrets, one of them is choosing the wrong mate(that story is for another blog post). But my mistakes made me into the woman I am today. Hopefully I can help you walk a better path than I did when I was preggo's. Are you eager to get your shape back after childbirth? Below are THINGS I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE BEFORE AND AFTER BABY!  I hope this will help you have even a better body shape than you were before you got pregnant. Totally focusing on your MIND, BODY, AND SPIRIT!





1. Love yourself and be patient
www.lunagetsfit.usI wasn't patient with myself, I was quick to temper over silly things. I didn't love myself enough during my pregnancy. Now my son may have gotten that "impatient spirit" into himself. He can be really irritated when he can't seem to get it right the first time. Displaying anger when its not needed. I have my work cut out for me in changing my behavior in order for him to do the same. I feel so bad because I know its because of me. So please treat yourself right and be patient.  

2. Balanced diet 
I hated everything and I didn't take my prenatal pills religiously. Letting laziness prevent me from cooking and preparing meals to feed my baby. I hate eggs, couldn't stand eating meat, god I don't know how I would have done things differently, but I should have damn well tried. Now I have a finicky eater, who doesn't like meat and hates eggs...ahhhhh! Your body needs a lot of nutrition as new mother avoid dropping of caloric intake to a level that is not reasonable because is not healthy and can cause weight gain. You can use snacks handy and nosh on foods rich in nutrients. Foods that are light in calories can keep you full and rescue you from weight gain but focus on nutrition. Take a lot of water to prevent dehydration process.

3. I could have use a tummy wrap
I was told how the tummy wrap thingy worked, but did I use it....noooo! I was such a dummy. The tummy wrap has helped women for many years. In most parts of the world like Europe and Asia they have been using long cotton cloth that is wrapped around the midsection after birth. As the cloth is shorten and tighten as the new mom shrinks. The cinch speeds the recovery of the body and even supports the abdominal muscles. The band reduces air space hence no space for fat accumulation, back support is also provided, shrinks your uterus and waistline and finally... hi shape!

4. Exercise well
I was sooo depressed and in a miserable relationship I didn't even think to get up a walk to the fridge let alone exercise. How I regret this the most. Begin with at least 10 to 20 minute workout or walks that are when your body is weak. It is good to push your baby in a stroller because has positive effect on your mood. Show your baby that exercise is something you do everyday like brushing teeth and getting dress.
www.lunagetsfit.us


5. Get proper rest
I am still struggling with this today. It so hard to rest and sleep when you have so much to do. You should ask for help from family, friends or partner so that you can get at least seven hours of sleep.


If I could do a lot of thing differently I will be better off today. So please learn from my mistakes and do better! 

Well that's all the time I have for regrets, let me go burn some of this fat!



Luna Gets Fit 
www.lunagetsfit.us