Thursday, May 28, 2015

Fighting Depression: Eating Disorders | No comments:


Fighting Depression
I found this picture on iammoulude site.

Overcoming Eating Disorders and Depression.

Writing these blogs has been a sort of therapy for me. I started writing in journals and on random pieces of paper. Anytime I feel the depression bug trying to bite me, I writing write about those feelings and open the door to the root of my depression. Not saying writing is a cure-all for everyone, but it definitely worth a try. Many writers have found the act of writing as a form of therapy.  In writing, they have found a way to release their anger, frustration, and bitterness.  With every stroke of the pen or line of sentence, many published authors and aspiring writers have found solace in their writings.  Through self-expression, they have found a way to deal with their confusion and loneliness. 






I have been binge eating since I was a young girl, and it usually started when I felt depressed. I made quick use of laxatives and strenuous workouts to maintain my young form. In order to escape my negative emotions, I focus intensely on appearance. Thus, by eating in large proportions, which then serves as a means of avoiding negative emotions.  Another factor that leads young girls like I use to be, to eating disorders like bulimia would be depression. Some girls can experience depression in school, where bullying is at its peak, and when everybody should look better than others. At this point, girls can see and feel depressed whenever they see popular girls with slim waists, and from there they could think of losing weight by means of purging, vomiting, and the like. Other girls get depressed when it comes to relationships, specifically romantic relationships. Of course, girls have the tendency to get jealous whenever her boyfriend looks at another attractive girl. This is normal, but for girls who have low self-esteem, this is pure punishment. They will eventually have thoughts that they are not as good-looking as the other girl, maybe because of her weight. This can possibly get the girl into hazardous eating habits, which can lead to having anorexia or bulimia.

  
In my case I didn't feel pretty enough or smart enough, and it hurt to see others succeed where I failed. Not getting ask out to the dances, or fitting in the pretty girl cliques was the sort of teenage problems I was faced with. Although I can look back at laugh at some of the things I did to fit in, most of the trauma of not fitting in, still sticks with me today. If this is the case, any girl who suffers from any family problems or is dealing with depression should get professional help immediately. A lot of counseling sessions are available for those girls dealing with eating disorders, and this could benefit them by giving them advise on how to handle their emotions and feelings, together with support and help in fighting their eating disorder. Such sessions can open their minds and think of what is healthy and right, and can boost their confidence as well as their self esteem in order to build their true personality. 

Of course, girls should also be open to healthy diet options so that they can help themselves in getting back to shape in a healthier way. Try to see what options might be available diet-wise, since there are a lot of weight loss programs that cater to different people, depending on what they usually eat everyday. Girls should exercise regularly, like taking brisk walks in the morning or even going to the gym. This can help in maintaining a healthy body and mind, as well as helping oneself from the dangers of eating disorders. 

Eventually I had to learn how beautiful I truly was, and I have a lot to offer being a mom, friend and daughter. So I have to maintain the truth and keep myself moving in this life journey, because to be stagnant isn't an option.