Thursday, May 21, 2015

Health Tips: Cravings Meditation | No comments:

 Cravings are in the Mind

Man with Cravings
I will keep telling myself that cravings are over-rated. The mere mention of that devilish word always seems to conjure-up images of high calorie foods that I enjoy so greatly. Foods that are high in carbs, and sugars are the foods I am most exposed to in this media driven world. I can't help but to crave them. My subconscious gets accustomed to this and just doesn't know any better. I will start to change mind to the  images, and it will change my cravings(I hope). I will try mental exercises to help me to change the way I crave food. I will meditate everyday when I wake up and when I go to sleep. So I created these health tips in order to defeat those awful cravings.


Meditation for craving good foods:

Step 1: Find a comfortable, quiet place where there are no distractions. Begin breathing deeply until you are quietly relaxed. Next, count backwards from 10-1, slowly. With each count, imagine that your mind is drifting deeper and deeper. (This is the part when I begin to fall asleep)

Step 2: After you have finished counting, imagine that you are relaxing by yourself in your favorite place. A secluded beach or a log in the woods will do the trick. Imagine yourself feeling so very relaxed and peaceful. (I feel it working now, I am so there!)

Step 3: Next, imagine a basket full of your favorite freshly picked fruit sitting right next to you. See it clearly in your mind, their color, the feelof your handling them, everything about those fruit. Imagine taking a bite of one of those juicy fruit and enjoying it like never before. (Mmm...Watermelon)

Step 4: Repeat the following suggestion to yourself 10 times: From now on, anytime I think of eating, I immediately feel a craving for fruit. (Yes I will)

Step 5: Count from 1 to 5, slowly, and when you reach 5 open your eyes.

I will try this everyday for a month, then I will report on my results. I have faith that this will change a lot of the cravings. I hope these health tips help you conquer your cravings.

Luna Gets Fit
 
Trying to meditate but my honey is vacuuming.